Monday, February 2, 2009

Iced Down

Hello. We are officially back.

It has been a long week. We were hit by snow, ice and more snow. The ice was the worst as it destroyed one tree and damaged two others. We were without power for 12 hours but -- HA -- we had a generator so we were toasty and even had Internet access!

My Wife and I both worked on the backyard cleanup. The ice buildup on the trees was incredible, and made even cleaning up the mess very difficult because of the tremendous weight.

I handled the chain saw. She snipped smaller limbs and, her favorite, bundled the twigs. We've skipped our daily trips to the gym because we were getting such a great workout cleaning up from the storm. My biceps have really gotten pumped up.

I took several photos of my Wife in the winter nightmare-land looking like a snow bunny. I'd love to share them here but I CAN'T. LOL. So I'll post a small view of our back yard instead.

No comments: