Sunday, December 28, 2008

Holiday Grumblings

A belated Merry Christmas to the growing legions of blog readers! I guess my recent horny posts have created a draw.

Anyway, now that the Hassle Holiday is out of the way, I'm bracing for the Hearty Party Holiday this week. And my Wife will be of work all week so we're definitely going to be out partying.

With the holidays come some observations:

>> First, to show my neighbors that we aren't somehow fixated on Halloween, I have been putting some effort into decorating our home for Christmas. We have some tasteful bells with red bows. Many of our neighbors have loaded their eves and bushes with lights. But the house in the neighborhood with the BEST Christmas decor is one that has a solitary leg lamp in their front window, like the one shown at left, straight out of the 1983 movie Christmas Story.

I'm jealous. Wish I'd thought of it. So for all you house husbands out there looking for some creative holiday decorating ideas, this is your solution! What a hoot!

>> Next grumbling: I was ABSOLUTELY PISSED about something I noticed on the gifts I got for my Wife. I got her a full set of stainless steel flatware and a set of these non-breakable acrylic wine glasses. It all looked great until I pulled them out of the packaging and stuck them into the dishwasher.

Each and every piece of the silverware was stamped on the back (or sides of the knives) with "18/8 STAINLESS -- CHINA." Etched right into every single knife, fork and spoon. And on the base of each of the wine glasses? "MADE IN TAIWAN" visible for anyone to see and permanently engraved in the plastic.

Why can't we just put this information on little stickers that can be easily peeled off? What the hell?

>> Final grumble: We've been looking around for a good New Year's Eve party but haven't come up with much yet. The party at our local swing club costs $125 per couple and is a long drive from our house. We're hoping to find a wild house party to go to. Hopefully we can come up with something -- maybe meet a guy with a big cock at a motel room and ring in the new year with a hot round of tag-team sex to pleasure the Wife.

I'll keep ya posted.

No comments: